Parent Company Condé Nast Digital
Owner Condé Nast Digital
Editor-in-Chief Ken Fisher
Ars Technica is a tech blog owned by Condé Nast, which also owns Wired and the New Yorker magazine. Condé Nast itself is owned by Advance Publications, which also owns Reddit.
Role In GamerGate
Kyle Orland, senior gaming editor at Ars Technica, created the GameJournoPros email list on 31 August 2010. On 19 Aug 2014, Orland tried to censor discussion of the Zoe Quinn scandal, stating that he didn't want to "reward the jerks doing this by giving their 'issue' any attention at all" and that he was "not even going to give the bullshit 'journalism ethics' excuse for these attacks the time of day." Orland proceeded to recommend that journalists use Twitter to "signal boost" the story, rather than using their front pages, and mused on using recent events as an "excuse to give more attention to Zoe Quinn's work."  After Breitbart exposed GameJournoPros, Kyle Orland apologized for some of the comments he made and claimed that Ars Technica management was not aware of the list's existance.
Ars Technica also participated in the Gamers are Dead attack. Shortly afterwards, Kyle Orland made a thread in the GameJournoPros mailing group in which he pushed a conspiracy theory that had 4chan masterminding all of #GamerGate and getting Adam Baldwin, YouTube personalities and prominent academic figures involved just to create dissent amongst game journalists, harass a certain female indie developer and get some “lulz” out of it all. These views are officially published by Ars Technica writer and GameJournoPros member Casey Johnston on 9 September 2014.
These are the gaming journalists that are working (or previously worked) for Arstechnica and are part of the GamesJournoPro's Google mailing list.
- - Senior Gaming Editor
-  - Former Culture Editor, is now a freelancer
- - Senior Products Specialist
- - Tech Reporter
- - Formerly at ArsTechnica, NPR, GamesBeat, Polygon, Kotaku, The Escapist, Gamasutra, Currently at The Daily Dot.
- Exposed: The Secret Mailing List of the Gaming Journalism Elite
- Addressing allegations of “collusion” among gaming journalists
- #GamerGate: ‘It’s Not Over Until Someone Goes To Prison’ Says Game Journalist
- How 4chan users pushed gamergate into the national spotlight
- Archive of Tweet 535827580688269313
- Blacklist/Whitelist(KiA) -