Aliases Aerox47, Aerox
Occupation Video game journalist
Affiliations Destructoid, formerly
Jonathan Ross is a former writer for Destructoid who doxxed The Fine Young Capitalists. He was a writer for Destructoid from 17 December 2008 until 13 November 2013. While at Destructoid he wrote reviews for numerous high profile games, including Starcraft II, Diablo III, and Torchlight II These reviews were submitted to Metacritic, indicating that Ross's time spent writing for Destructoid was as a serious writer and critic.
On 28 February 2014, Ross got involved in a twitter conflict between Zoe Quinn, Maya Kramer, and TFYC. Quinn and Kramer mistakenly believed that TFYC were asking women to work for free and also took offense to their policy regarding transgender people. While this conversation was ongoing, Ross found Facebook posts from one of TFYC's partners and tweeted them publicly. The person in question did not appear in any public information because he preferred to remain a silent partner. Kramer retweeted one of Ross's tweets, leading to the misconception that she was the one who doxxed TFYC.
- Destructoid review: Defense Grid: The Awakening - Ross's first article
- Ross's Destructoid profile, showing his last article
- Review: StarCraft II
- Review: Diablo III
- Review: Torchlight II
- Metacritic - Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Zoe Quinn twitter - 4:09 PM 28 Feb 2014
- Zoe Quinn twitter - 4:40 PM 28 Feb 2014
- Zoe Quinn twitter - 4:41 PM 28 Feb 2014
- Zoe Quinn twitter - 4:39 PM 28 Feb 2014
- Jonathan Ross twitter - 4:36 PM 28 Feb 2014
- Truth In Gaming: An Interview with The Fine Young Capitalists - "My name Matthew Rappard does not appear on the current site or the previous site for TFYC, and I would have preferred to be a silent partner."
- Maya Kramer twitter - 4:32 PM 28 Feb 2014
- Truth In Gaming: An Interview with The Fine Young Capitalists - "...her PR manager Maya Felix Kramer posted my Facebook information which Zoe replied to, alerting her followers."