Projects:Operation Baby Seal
Operation Baby Seal is a mailing campaign targeted at ad aggregate agencies used by Gawker and its subsidiaries. The goal of the mailing campaign is to present evidence of Gawker having violated these ad aggregate agencies' terms and conditions, including Sam Biddle's pro-bullying tweets, with the intent of getting them to cancel their contracts with Gawker.
- 1 Participation
- 2 Update (2/10/2015)
- 3 Resources
- 4 Violations
- 5 See also
To participate, file reports with Google Adsense, Amazon Associates Program, and Criteo informing them that Gawker and its subsidiaries (which include Valleywag, Defamer, Kotaku, Gizmodo, Jezebel, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Screamer, The Concourse, io9, Sploid, Jalopnik, Truck Yeah!, and Cink) are violating the guidelines for their advertising programs. Do not copy and paste everything, but instead create a personalized letter in your own style. To avoid politicizing the issue, don't mention GamerGate, as it has no effect on Gawker's misconduct. Include whatever links you feel are most relevant, along with the specific guideline they violate. Use the contact links and evidence provided below. Have a look at some of the example emails in case you need help.
Every ad on Gawker is not (is this supposed to be now?) powered solely by Google Adsense (Proof). As a result, it is highly recommended that you prioritize sending reports to Google Adsense.
Policies and Contact
Amazon Affiliate Program
- Coming soon
Nudity and Sex
- Gawker published stolen Heather Morris nudes
- Gawker published stolen Olivia Munn nudes
- Gawker published stolen Olivia Munn nudes 2
- Gawker published stolen Hulk Hogan sex tape
- Gawker published stolen Christina Hendricks nudes
- Gawker published links to pornographic material
- Gawker published material approving of pedophilia
- Deadspin published stolen Roy Jones Jr. nudes
- Gawker published Jenna Jameson nudes
- Gawker published Tatiana Barbosa nudes
- Gawker published Lenore Zann nudes
- Gawker published material promoting bestiality
- Gawker published Justin Bieber escort nudes
- Gawker published Michael Sam nudes
- Gawker published Anthony Weiner nudes
- Gawker published a video of a man eating his own ejaculations
Hate Speech and Discrimination
- Employee Sam Biddle promotes bullying and animal abuse
- "Bring back bullying"
- "Smash a nerd day"
- Gawker promoted him after bullying tweets
- Biddle claims his promotion was reward for tweet
- Biddle claims animals can't be mistreated
- Biddle compares kicking a dog to kicking a rock
- Biddle threatened to feed a dog chocolate
- Biddle threatened to poison a dog
- Biddle threatened to poison a dog 2
- Biddle claimed that kicking a dog is not unethical
- Biddle claimed that the life of a dog has no value
- "Put your dog to sleep before it becomes annoying"
- Jezebel writers encourage domestic abuse
- Gawker tried to bankrupt Chick-Fil-A over charitable donations
- Gawker celebrated when Firefox CEO was ousted over a charitable donation
Copyright Infringement and Theft
- Gawker called for Jane Pratt stolen nudes
- Employee Adam Weinstein called for theft from Darren Wilson
- Gawker published hacked messages from a girl with a mental illness
- Gawker refused to obey court order to remove Hulk Hogan sex tape
- Gawker was sued by Quentin Tarantino for leaking his script
- Gizmodo illegally acquired an iPhone prototype
Libel and Defamation
- Kinja published an anonymous, unverifiable, and defamatory story about someone's alleged one-night stand with Christine O'Donnell
- Gawker published false and defamatory allegations concerning Blake Lively and Preserve LLC.
- Gawker publicized a false claim that Chris Christie was in a gang bang for Gawker's amusement.