- 1 Polytron hack
- 2 Funding
- 3 Fez development delays
- 4 Indie Game movie
- 5 Relationship to game conferences
- 6 Indiecade
- 7 See Also
- 8 References
Inside job theory
An anonymous poster claimed that "it is practically impossible for /v/ or anyone else with outside access to Fish's server to have hacked it and released the info" due to Cloudflare's use of two-factor authentication, and suggested that the hack was an inside job.
Indie Fund investors
Indie Fund investors
- Ron Carmel - $20,000
- Capybara Games - $20,000
- AppAbove Games - $10,000
- Kellee Santiago - $5,000
- Kyle Gabler - $5,000
- Jonathan Blow - $5,000
- Flashbang Studios- $2,500
A Polytron financial document shows repayments on these early loans being made to the Indie Fund.
- John Baez, creator of "the Behemoth" - $20,000 
- Mare Sheppard of Metanet Software - $10,000 
- Jim Greer, CEO of Kongregate - $10,000 
- Brian Ramage of Black Jacket Studios - $5,000 
Return on investment
Investors were entitled to a share of the profits from the first year of console sales and the first half-year of PC sales. The investors were said to have earned $697,118 in revenues by September 2012.
Fez development delays
In September 2011, Polytron delayed the release of Fez until April 2012.
Indie Game movie
- see also: Wikipedia
Polytron was a subject of the movie "Indie Game" which won an award at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
Relationship to game conferences
Independent Games Festival
In 2011, Polytron principals Nathan Vella, Ron Carmel, Marc Sheppart, Phil Fish, and Kyle Gabler were members of the 8-person Independent Games Festival jury. The game had been scheduled for release in time for submission to the festival, but was delayed and submitted the next year.
- ShortFatOtaku, Indie-fensible - Bigger Fish to Fry!, September 2014, http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/96819-gamergate
- 14th annual IGF announces winners; Fez gets grand prize, Dear Esther, Spelunky, Antichamber win awards, March 8, 2012, http://igf.com/2012/03/fourteenth_annual_independent_.html