User talk:Psycho Robot
- 1 RE: You're an editor
- 2 About the Comprehensive Mailing List
- 3 Requesting auto-patrol status.
- 4 Need help from someone who doesn't suck at editing wikis
- 5 RE:Default Sort and categories
- 6 cite template
- 7 Very important stuff
- 8 GIR is pro-GG?
- 9 More spambots
- 10 Template:Delete
- 11 Help Please
- 12 Affidavit
- 13 Backups
RE: You're an editor
woah woah woah hold on I thank you for saying I ain't shit at making edits but I still think someone should at the very least watch what edits I make incase I fuck something up as well as keep an eye on any edits I approve (for whatever reason) to ensure that anything I change is not only still factual but also not going about changing unbiased sections of the wiki into echo chambers of a sort - crazedman
About the Comprehensive Mailing List
I put it on this gamergate wiki just to get it out there and to get some collaboration on it, but I'm the only one who's maintaining it and it's got about 300 visits compared to the lists from the front page which have 25,000 each. It's also a waste of resources to maintain mirrored lists when I could instead be working on adding new information. Perhaps having one long "CML" article was not a good idea after all.
Yet I value the information that I've put a lot of time and effort into gathering. I value "comprehensiveness". The people maintaining the other lists seem to value "minimalism". I don't want to start arguing with them and dropping my spaghetti everywhere over whether or not an address list is useful for Ad aggregators, for example. I don't think I would come out winning in any arguments like that. What I'd like to do therefore is put the glut of information that I have and which the separate lists are lacking inside of a pastebin file and just leave a link to them. That way I don't risk upsetting the minimalists too much. I'm going to be raising a couple of points related to this on the relevant talk pages for each article as well.
Once I've preserved all of the information that's relevant to the lists that are being separately maintained, I'm going to turn the "Comprehensive List" into a "Press List" (containing anti-, pro-, and neutral news outlets) as such a thing still doesn't exist yet and technology journalism is my specialist subject (I come from the dossier group originally).
Requesting auto-patrol status.
I have been updating the Curators page, and some other external links, does this Wikimedia support the capacity to obtain auto-patrol (or something equivalent) so I can stop having to answer the anti-bot questions each time I want to update a page?
Half the questions need answers I cannot figure out so I have to keep refreshing the page until I can get the two that just need straightforward answers. Auto-patrol will allow me to save time, and hopefully be a bit more productive. Kaeleruna (talk) 19:08, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
Need help from someone who doesn't suck at editing wikis
There's a vandal going on, adding images of a pig shitting to the wiki. I tried to revert what he did, but for some reason the recent changes says that I've uploaded new versions of the image he uploaded, I have no clue what I'm doing wrong but I've decided to leave this matter to the experts. Please help. - Rust Cohle (talk) 23:08, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
RE:Default Sort and categories
- yeah, I've been meaning to get around to it. I'll work on it tonight. Psycho Robot (talk) 21:15, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
Very important stuff
GIR is pro-GG?
- GIR likes not being told what to do or how to think. An SJW once told him that the Angry Monkey Show was racist, and that made him upset. Psycho Robot (talk) 01:18, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
- Spambots seem to be on the rise. We should also checkuser them and manually permaban their IPs. (Associated IPs get only banned for 24 hours in Mediawiki when solely account-banning.)
When it gets worse, DNSBL may be the way to go --JTRetrogamer (talk) 18:15, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- It was deleted along with a bunch of unused templates that got imported from the gamergate wikia. Coincidentally we just so happen to be working on creating maintenance templates like that right now. In the mean time I'll delete the category because I hate it. Psycho Robot (talk) 03:12, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi someone is vandalizing Project Untechnica - http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php?title=Projects:Operation_Untechnica . I am posting on all the admins just asking for help as I am not sure who is around. Can the page please be reverted to my last edit as Vordrak and then protected please?
So far as I know there's only 1 critical affidavit linked to GG, would it be okay to create a page about it?
- I'm not 100% sure. The affadavit is most relevant to Eron Gjoni so if it were up to me, it would be covered there. Affidavit could be created as a redirect to the relevant section on the Eron article. Is this the text of the affadavit? If so we could remove it from Quinn's article and put it on Eron's. Having it on its own article seems a bit odd, as I'm not sure who would think to search "affadavit". Psycho Robot (talk) 05:57, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
I picked you randomly from the admins by the way. If this goes elsewhere, tell me.
Where are dumps for this site. I would like to hold a backup, just in case.
Also added People Stubs